Anndy Lian, Advisory Board Member of Hyundai DAC Technology gives a keynote speech at the Digital Week Online on the topic “Navigating blockchain & cryptocurrency in the public sector”.
Digital Week Online is an online Summit held from 12-16th October 2020. This event unites tech entrepreneurs, authors, investors, innovators, leading corporates, and key governments.
Anndy shares his experiences on how to deal with the different governments.
– Blockchain technology is possibly one of the finest piece of art when it comes to this century. This technology is a decentralized ledger and it is immutable, with core functions like traceability and tracking.
– Widely used in finance, manufacturing, supply chain and government.
– But it has not welcomed by all.
– Cryptocurrencies have been denounced by several governments due to a number of reasons.
– Bitcoin has been banned in some countries, including Nepal, Bangladesh, among others.
– Some countries have in the past made it clear that they will not accept Bitcoin but will accept blockchain technology.
How Governments Can Make Use Of Blockchain Technology
– Food security eg South Korea
– ID management, Voting eg Estonia
– Control flow of money eg Singapore
How to navigate through all these issues?
– Businesses must be ready before speaking to the government to sell their products and solutions.
– Properly Marketing and PR to build trust and increase credibility.
– Backed by Real Technology
– Advisors must know what they are talking about
– Pragmatic approach always