Understanding Blockchain after Hype is an event organised by Wealth Secrets in partnership with www.blockcast.cc, www.blockreview.net and TWOgether.
Jenny Zheng – Co-founder Blockcast.cc
Anndy Lian – Intergovernmental Blockchain Advisor
Davy Goh – Founder Passion Venture Capital
Dr. ir Johannes (JD) Drooghaag – CEO Spearhead-Management
Nana Kay – Wealth Secrets Podcast Host
The,Myst – Wealth Secrets Podcast Co-Host
Questions for the panel:
1. In your own terms, what is the blockchain?
2. What are the main benefits of using blockchain technology?
3. What are the key challenges in the way of adopting blockchain technology?
4. A) Could you briefly take us through the three main types of blockchain technology (permission-less, public systems; private, permissioned systems; and hybrid systems)?
4. B) What are the use cases for each of these systems?
5. Do you believe that blockchain can only achieve its true potential if cryptocurrency goes mainstream? Or, is it possible for the blockchain to thrive independently of cryptocurrency?
6. With Tesla, Bank of New York Mellon, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank and a host of other institutional players accepting cryptocurrencies, is the digital currency movement well on its way to going mainstream, or is there a long way still to go?
7. A) What are the global jurisdictions that are taking a lead in the adoption of blockchain technology? Thoughts on countries rejecting Bitcoin and other crypto//blockchain projects?
7. B) What could be Bitcoin’s Achilles heel? Will it be sustainable considering its energy demands?
8. The recent Blockchain Africa conference held by Bitcoin Events delivered an optimistic outlook for the cryptocurrency and blockchain space in the continent as the world settles into a new normal dictated by COVID-19. Do you think the continent will be able to reap the benefits of leapfrogging in the area of blockchain, similar to what it did in mobile payments with M-Pesa?
9. Is Blockchain living up the hype? Final Thoughts?